Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 19:30   #1104
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sight of this document does make me think that what MB has been told may well be correct. However, it's important to stress that company plans can and do change. In addition, it's worth noting that it's believed that Discovery signed a long term deal with Sky. I couldn't see the Discovery channels remaining on Sky and being removed from VM because of the John Malone connection with Discovery and Virgin.
Mergers and joint ventures will, inevitably, reduce Malone's influence, if he is actually interested in getting involved in decisions at this level.

There are lots of rumours about Discovery no longer supplying content to third parties, even though Discovery have indicated that they prefer to supply a wide range of customers. The recent information released about Sky Q over IPTV in Germany lists Discovery as a provider of third party channels. If their plan is to restrict all of their content to Discovery+, they are certainly working hard to disguise this.

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Only Discovery Channels on Netgem TV are: Quest, Quest Red, HGTV, Food Network and DMAX.

http://www.netgem.co.uk/whats-on/
I think it is similar to BT and sits on top of Freeview, which would explain those channels.