View Single Post
Old 22-07-2021, 19:43   #1708
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Says something when you think that’s what I did….

I looked up a suitable example to contrast nationalism and patriotism for others (as some people seem to confuse/conflate the two), and then put my own interpretation at the beginning and the end of the post.

I’m not the one accusing others of being less than patriotic just because they don’t agree with me…
Nobody's accusing you of being non-patriotic. But you are accusing others -
by implying in your comparison that others, particularly me, are nationalist as distinct from patriotic.

You say (or rather imply because you don't really SAY anything) that the UK should obey the NI Protocol which the UK negotiated. You don't say that the Protocol is not working and needs changing either by treaty or by degree of implementation on the EU's part. In fact you come across as not caring about the difficulties being faced by our compatriots in NI.

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
<SNIP>

V.amusing you accusing someone of binary thinking…

Oh, the strong, hard magnetic silvery-grey metal, atomic number 26y

Quote:
Hugh has made it into a binary thing. Not liking Macron or Macronites is not nationalism. Disliking the spanish government for their Gibraltar stance is not nationalism. Sodding the EU is pure patriotism in present circumstances.
I provided 2 x non-nationalism and 1 x patriotism. Hardly binary.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote