View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 19:07   #14
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Wink Re: Dead sat nav go moblie ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yes, it will give you turn-by-turn instructions, or you can set it to speak only important announcements, or you can let it run silent. You can create routes with multiple stopovers (service areas etc), custom start and end points, and you can search and navigate to anything Google can find - one of the most irritating things about TomTom for me was that it seemed a lot of the time they only had locations for businesses that had paid them to be there.

As others have said, while you can download whichever portions of the map you need to save data, if you use Google maps with data on your phone it will use live traffic data to ensure it’s giving you the quickest route for the prevailing conditions, and if there are significant changes during your journey it can update the route for you. On a long drive that can be extremely useful - I once allowed it to route me off the M6, round the west side of Manchester and back on the M6 in Cheshire to avoid a complete closure caused by an accident that it had detected and allowed for a full 20 min a rutes before it was reported on the radio. The closure would have held me up an hour, the diversion added just half that to the journey.

Also, Google’s traffic data doesn’t just rely on traffic flow monitors installed on trunk roads. It uses real-time speed and location data from other Google maps users, which means you can get very accurate congestion and route timing data for even very minor roads.
Loóking for guidance only . Never in a rush just have no idea were the road i want would be !