View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 11:50   #2363
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S Election 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The biggest question there is if Amazon pull the plug since it's apparently hosted on their AWS services.

Some of the stuff on there though is direct advocacy of violence, it's pretty explicit look though some of the content on there. Even before the weekend, you had people whose Twitter accounts were more moderate whereas on Parlar they were directly advocating for people's deaths.

It might be a step removed from Apple/Google's reach but if the developers of the application are not showing any desire to remove this content and even openly celebrating the fact they won't then I think Apple/Google's decision is made a whole lot easier.

I think that is actually an easier decision than the Trump on Twitter one.
Yes. I think for Apple in particular it's a reputational one. A disillusioned teenager downloads an app on their iPhone, becomes radicalised and commits grave acts. The parents and media will blame Apple for making this easy.