View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 12:42   #2361
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S Election 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
To be honest I’m a little more worried about Google and Apple denying access to their app stores to services like Parler. They are a step removed from what goes on within the app and it is an uncomfortable development if these two companies between them are going to decide this stuff for almost all mobile phone users in most of the world.

Google suspends Parler, Apple threatens to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55598887
The biggest question there is if Amazon pull the plug since it's apparently hosted on their AWS services.

Some of the stuff on there though is direct advocacy of violence, it's pretty explicit look though some of the content on there. Even before the weekend, you had people whose Twitter accounts were more moderate whereas on Parlar they were directly advocating for people's deaths.

It might be a step removed from Apple/Google's reach but if the developers of the application are not showing any desire to remove this content and even openly celebrating the fact they won't then I think Apple/Google's decision is made a whole lot easier.

I think that is actually an easier decision than the Trump on Twitter one.