View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 11:41   #2360
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S Election 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Pretty clear myself where the line is. If you're advocating, harm injury, or inciting hate, then you're over the line. Otherwise you can spout whatever waffle you want. Trump was over the line repeatedly, not acting sooner has cost lives.
Yup - basically he broke the rules of the various social media platforms and the platform owners banned him. As is their right.

This seems to be a rule that holds true regardless of the size of the platform unless you believe that the Government has the right to over-rule site-owners.

If tech companies over-reach themseleves, then I can see governments getting more involved, perhaps insisting on independent appeals procedures, etc for the bigger sites. But I think they've been pretty patient with Trump, perhaps because he has driven large numbers to their platforms and for fear of a backlash from Trump's supporters.