View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 11:28   #2359
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S Election 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The issue is they have so much power in being the main communication platforms on the internet that there is a real-world consequence to them deplatforming a politician. That said the flip side of that is there is a real-world consequence to them giving people a platform from which they can incite.

Trump has been a headache for ages for social media companies. I think they probably wanted to do this for ages but now Trump is on his way out, significantly weakened his support in congress and given them a reason they took it.

I really don't know the answer because we also don't want the Government regulating it either.
Pretty clear myself where the line is. If you're advocating, harm injury, or inciting hate, then you're over the line. Otherwise you can spout whatever waffle you want. Trump was over the line repeatedly, not acting sooner has cost lives.