View Single Post
Old 30-11-2019, 12:50   #8
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Millions to be affected by NHS plan to ration 34 everyday tests and treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I have never been called for my 5 yearly Health MOT by our GP. This should include a PSA test for prostate cancer. He thinks it is "unnecessary" despite him being paid to provide the service.

Over the years GPs here have also withdrawn minor surgeries (splinter extraction, cysts drainage, etc.), wart and verruca treatments, lice and headlice treatments, ingrowing toenail treatment, podiatry for the disabled, old or infirm, etc. etc. And now there are no walk-in consultations, just an appointment system with no evening or weekend cover, and neither for 2 afternoons per week.

And now they want to opt-out of out-of-hours cover and most home visits, demanding "another body" be set up to do it all instead.

Ad yet I suspect their pay will not drop a penny....
Blimey, even I get the bowel cancer screening now. Though Mr A gets annoyed by the reminders for his annual check-up, which he refuses as he is already getting these for other reasons.

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
We can expect a lot more of that in future if we priotise tax cuts over investing in our health. You get what you vote for.
Thats the problem. Successive Governments seem absolutely terrified of direct taxation, even for a specific purpose.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote