Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2020, 18:23   #1672
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
hasn't been a single case of it in our school.

And Lockdown? we haven't been out of it. Tier 3 is Lockdown by any other name.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

Good, given their track record almost guaranteed not to happen then
While some schools haven’t had cases the ONS data now has the highest prevalence in school age children. Communities can’t reduce the figures with such widespread mixing and as you suggest find themselves stuck in Tier 3 forever.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
We just had our end of term newsletter and there were 8 cases in a smallish school of 800 pupils. Interestingly, my kids school (a secondary) was one of the lowest affected in the region. A local primary completely closed and there have been whole years off in other schools. Reading between the lines on the newsletter, they have one big happy hat on about the delayed opening and doing testing!

I think we have forgotten what the lockdown over the summer was like BTW - hardly any shops open, being able to exercise once a day only, etc. Tier 3 is definitely 'lockdown lite'
I think Pierre makes a valid point that for many the differences between tier 3 and 4 are negligible. I can go out for a meal (with one other household) venues close early and I can’t drink? Eh I’ll just stay in thanks. I’m not that big on in person non-essential shopping regardless of the pandemic and I still wouldn’t go for a haircut. My £12.99 clippers will serve me until I’m in tier 2 equivalent thanks.