View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 23:53   #7
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Putting an end to bank text scams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Not sure what the criteria are, but there are transactions that are instantaneous. It is direct debits and standing orders that have to be done in advance.

Nothing to do with the banks. The issue is with the phone companies.
They'll just use phone companies that aren't part of the scheme. to send the texts.

You're quite correct nk, I rather jumped in there as I've got a bit of an issue with the way the banks go about their business. I still maintain the banks could have electronic transfers of cash from one account to another happen instantaneously (not talking about direct debits), there's no reason for it not happening other than that they get to hold the money for a few days to their benefit. They're pretending that the delays in days of old due to the process of administrating paper transactions still apply.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote