View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 08:38   #1
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point
How to get Inherited control of C: drive

Hi All
On my PC I had the GANDCRAB-Ransomeware 5.0.4-(nlkui-Decryptor)--NO CURE!
So I have Reformatted hard drive n installed Win 7 Pro at least 9 times now. Even using a New 500GB SSD. But I still find that my C: drive is "not inherited" and I have tried the usual but still can't Inherit my drive.
Been told it does not reside in Memory or Bios, but I'm beginning to think otherwise...I don't want to reset or Clear the Bios at moment as I can not find my Drivers CD and I need it when reinstalling Windows as I need to install the AHCI drivers n XMP drivers..All internal drives unplugged, + Ethernet cable unplugged.

When I do try to Inherit my drive/s it goes through the sequence but then comes up with errors in parts of the Windows files, so will not do it. Also my Recycle Bin pops up with Errors. So I then know this Ruddy Ransomeware is probably either in Memory or Bios. Can't think of anything else as normall a Format n Reinstal normally sorts things out..Be CAREFUL out there as this Ransomware is a KILLER. and goes from C: to ALL Internal drives n any external that is open at the time..Because I did not know what it was at the time, I was using a Pen Drive n darn thing is now in this Windows 10 PC n my Laptop...Sick as a Pig I am....Never a problem in 15 years except for maybe a Malware of which is easy to get rid of. Happy New Year (Duh!)
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote