Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 14:10   #737
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I agree, but the government has a programme for internet access to be delivered throughout the country. I do not see any big change before that is completed.

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

So, already, about 50% are using VOD. That is very encoraging - I thought it would be lower than that as this stage.

Yes, access to the internet must be vastly improved before any transmitter signals are ceased. We are probably a decade away from that situation, but it could come quicker if the internet companies pull their fingers out.
You are missing the point, it doesn't matter that broadband speeds are to be increased across the country - if you cannot afford what is currently on offer how are you going to afford a higher speed which will come at a higher cost?

This is not going to change in the next 20-30 years unless broadband is treated as a right similar to water. Or are you expecting super fast broadband to be free to all?

I said at least 50% pensioners are only using linear TV - as I didn't want to put a figure on it and have the likes of you dispute it.

Doesn't equate to 50% using VOD which you are surprised at by your own admission. Please don't twist my words to suit your argument.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote