View Single Post
Old 29-12-2017, 14:53   #60
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I can only go off PVR use with recordings vs Streaming and in our house PVR viewing still trumps streaming although streaming has increased.

The two shows you mention Criminal Minds and Scandal score 7.8 or better out of 10 on IMDB so clearly they are pretty well liked. You do realise that half the Netflix originals are actually shows from other broadcasters , Netflix generally just calls them originals everywhere other than the broadcasters home country.
I appreciate that Criminal Minds and Scandal are popular. I just used these two programmes as examples of how the higher quality Netflix series are getting us in this household to seek out less formulaic programmes.

As far as I am concerned, Netflix stuff is original if it has not be shown before in this country. In exactly the same way, a 'new series' on broadcast channels does not necessarily indicate that it has not been shown elsewhere on the planet.

The list of stuff I still need to watch on Netflix is amazing. For example:

Jack Taylor
Santa Clarita Diet
Making a Murderer
Beyond
Marco Polo
Bloodline
Continuum
Colony
Spotless
Ozark
The OA
How to get away with Murder
Shooter
13 Reasons Why
Gypsy
Power
3 Per Cent
Queen of the South
The Crown
Mindhunter
Greenleaf
Alias Grace
The Sinner
Star Trek: Discovery
Frontier
Glitch
Stranger Things 2
The Punisher
Godless
Designated Survivor
Travelers....

The list goes on. It would take me years to get a list anything like this from all the broadcast channels put together.

From The Colony onwards, all these are new programmes I have added in the last six months.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 29-12-2017 at 15:05.