View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 12:28   #100
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Another zip here FGS!

My youngest has acquired the habit of ripping his coat off when he gets stressed/anxious and this has broken many a zip slider. He's just done this to a nice Regatta waterproof coat which sadly doesn't have any zip pockets so I couldn't use the slider from one of those. Then I recalled that some time ago I took all the sliders off an old multiple pocket rucksack we were getting shot of. They were so well made that I couldn't bear to chuck them at the time so removed them for a rainy day. Anyway I went through them and found they fit perfectly on his coat so if he does it again I'll be able to fix the problem and won't have to buy a new coat.

I reckon a lot of people throw away perfectly good and even loved articles of clothing, bags etc. simply due to broken zips the cause of which is the sliders. It's really easy to fit a new slider and much quicker/cheaper than having a whole new zip fitted when that isn't really necessary.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote