View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 20:54   #1473
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

It looks like this is over. I noticed the other day that we're closer to the vote than we are to Osbourne's currency speech. Polls haven't moved since their uptick in April and according to the latest polling people's positions are hardening whilst undecideds decline. The amount of people certain to vote, over 80%, also suggests that the Yes campaign can't depend on a few points swing due to a enthusiasm gap.

Yes need a big event to happen for this to change now. They might be able to close the polls a bit over the Summer but not by enough without a major intervention to help them. As long as Cameron hasn't got a hidden recording of him burning the Scottish flag with Ed Miliband and Prince Charles then I fail to see what could happen (that's feasible).

I think when we look back at this though we made a couple of mistakes. Allowing the SNP to not include Scottish residents elsewhere in the UK in the vote was a big mistake. Also the timing should have been now rather than after the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote