View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 21:08   #18
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Will Sky broadband be enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
So basically they're palming off one of their old technology Sky+ boxes on to the unsuspecting by bundling it with an unlimited old technology internet connection and a call package. You'll no doubt find the box will have less channels than a standard freesat box. There is no Sky TV package included in the £26/month and to add insult to injury, you'll probably have the added frustration of the full Sky EPG with everything but the few freeview channels greyed out.

So if you jump ship and it turns out to be rubbish you can't say you haven't been warned!
It's undoubtedly what they are doing, after all the box only costs £15.05! Having old technology doesn't bother me as long as it does what I want it to do. I never upgrade technology for the sake of it anyway.

My only worry is the 18 month contract. If I took it and it turned out that it didn't meet my needs, i'd want to upgrade to Sky Q. You'd think that would be fine as they'd be getting more money and they want everyone to move accross to Q anywsy, but you never know. This is why I want to check beforehand.

Does anyone have a link to Sky Live Chat? I can't seem to find it.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote