View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 00:08   #48
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman
Re: The Sky Appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
You can flash it with different firmware.

Also possible to extract the ADSL username/password from it, & then use a different router of your own choosing.

I'm still using the Sky one at the moment, although it does seem to enjoy rebooting.
Looked into flashing it when I was searching the net trying to find a way to get connected since it took 5 attempts to get a modem to me. (sky bb staff are a joke). To be honest if I did not depend on bb in order to get in extra work I would have dropped it on the spot for that shocking saga alone. I canot go another 15 days for a cease and reprovide to go to another providor. I'll bide my time and get out when I can. Claires not kean to let me ruin the GT on the router by flashing it. (strangly she did not have a problem with me flashing my £400 phone )

Can't belive that I paid £40 to connect rather than use another provider and get my own router though. (/me = stupid).

Still does not beat Virgin bb people (garlands crap lot in Middlesrough) telling me I could not have broadband as I had a fibre optic line). Chap that said it hung up on me after I challenged that.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote