View Single Post
Old 29-01-2017, 00:55   #3942
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
What a strange and ignorant question.
Not really if you read the post I quoted.

---------- Post added at 00:51 ---------- Previous post was at 00:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
It's hard to understand how we would avoid becoming more integrated had we voted to stay ,even had the referendum not happened i think eventually we would have become more integrated .
We managed to avoid anything deeper since Gordon Brown's time and doubt any politicians would have found it electorally attractive to do so. The way things were going was leading to a two-speed Europe with countries like the UK and Denmark on the outer core remaining as they were and countries like France and Germany in the central core integrating more deeply.

---------- Post added at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
lol

Didn't you know all the foreign banks are quitting the City? The Barclays 150 is just the start and it's it like virtually all the world's major banks already have offices in the City is it?...

On the other hand it might just be a particularly feeble attempt at yet more scaremongering posed by someone who's really so fixated on remaining tied to the EU that nothing else matters, even their self respect. That's my bet.

Yes it's all one way traffic - the UK can't survive on its own, the banks will run to Frankfurt and the economy will implode because the EU countries will refuse to sell us their stuff or take ours. Companies will all desert the UK because they'll all prefer ever more onerous EU style regulation and French style strikes. As a supposedly balanced argument it's bizarre which is all the evidence required that it's not balanced at all, it's just more post Brexit apocalypse guff which only ever acknowledges one side of the argument.
lol. My original post was upbeat about there only being 150 staff relocating. Never mind, no pleasing some people.