View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 09:50   #9
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Four-day work week (to be) trialled in UK in world's biggest pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
It was ‘marking time’ that was the irritating part of my job. It was never properly defined as far as I could judge. Especially as an art teacher where the art work was too much size wise to actually transport home. I spent a lot of time in an empty school addressing that part of the job. So much easier to take a pile of exercise books home. I left before computers became a major part of teaching and marking.

There is just as much marking now with computers, especially with the various virtual learning platforms.
And many subjects are still using exercise books. I see so many teachers staying til late to mark books in the school I work at.
Many spending time at weekends too.

I think a 4 day week would be briliant for everyone, especially from a mental health perspective too. It would really help de-stress everyone.
We live in this world now where everything has to be done at once, immeditately. We need to slow down.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote