View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 20:20   #6
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Four-day work week (to be) trialled in UK in world's biggest pilot

I realise that my views may be somewhat out dated but I remember a period in the 1970's when Time Management and its subsequent increased productivity was something that was pushed as the way to go forward. At first it was promoted as something that could be advantageous to all and was it used to increase hourly productivity. It soon changed and targets were increased to the point of hitting the donkey with a large stick.

I remember having a time limit set for certain tasks, it was so unrealistic that short cuts were often taken, errors increased due to the pressure and of course it was the employees fault. I can't help feeing that this trial may eventually cause more stress than is expected.

I do wonder if the 100% wage, for 80% attendance, will eventually be replaced by the employers insisting that their employees couldn't have been working properly prior to the trial and reducing the wages as a result.

I know that I couldn't have done all the work I did if I cut the hours I worked in a week and I am sure that many people now are in the same position.