View Single Post
Old 13-05-2022, 12:31   #5655
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Firestarter: 4/10

It is okay and borderline watchable. Although it is produced by Blumhouse I would say it is more scifi horror (leaning more towards scifi ) than pure horror and the problem is that it doesn't do either very well. It is horror without the horror and it is scifi without a good quality story. Everything is very superficial, the whole premise of the story is that the little girl can start fires and cause immense devastation but when she does do it the camera is always focused on her facial expression rather that showing us a visual effects extravaganza and what it actually happening. I could go on but I won't.

My parting comment and food for thought from my realism factor: if she can miraculously teach herself some discipline and control her powers in the space of a few hours/days in the woods then wtf didn't she do it before?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote