View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 12:15   #5625
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Have you read many of the Batman or Detecive comics?
The only comics I have ever read are the Asterix comics. What I meant is

Spoiler: 
unlike the previous versions we have seen where he has a lot of technology, gadgets, batmobile, bat bike, bat plane etc he doesn't have any of this in this film. It doesn't spend any time at Wayne Enterprises or focus on technological development. This is more of a grounded psychological story about Bruce Wayne and less of what I would class as traditional Batman. Yes Alfred is in it but as a bare minimum. There isn't the usual billionaire socialite misdeeds and Alfred playing the father figure and mentoring.

I think you will be surprised at how different this film is compared to all the other version we have seen. It is analogous to how Daniel Craig's James Bonds compared to the other instalments in the franchise. As an example, I loved the action in the Dark Knight trilogy and it was a step up from what we have seen in the past but when you watch this it feels like it is real and he is actually punching the shit out of everyone. It may be to do with Robert Pattinson's acting or the sound editing or both but you definitely feel it and there were a couple of times I screwed my face and went "oof" because you could feel the pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Prefer the silly 60's TV/films.
Shark repellent bat spray

Last edited by General Maximus; 04-03-2022 at 12:18.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote