View Single Post
Old 21-02-2022, 23:33   #5610
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Some things are just so bad that they aren't even worth the time or effort and there have been a few occasions when the only reason why I have posted a review for a film was to warn people not to watch it.
What you mean is some things are bad in your opinion.
Not everyone has your rather narrow "realism" view of everything.
Posting your dislike is fine, everyone has their own views - but "warn people not to watch it" ? Thats a bit too much - I can make up my own mind.

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
It's when things just get too silly for me and are just beyond belief and it ruins the film. Just three things off the top of my head in Moonfall:

1) They try launching the rocket and it fails for whatever the reason was and Halle Berry gives her moving speech, tells everyone to evacuate and you see literally everyone leaving. 5 minutes later when they decide they can launch and are going to go it alone all of a sudden there is a crew on the shuttle pad to help them get in and secure the hatches etc.

2) The rocket takes off. We know from many many times in real life that the rocket has to take off at a very specific angle to optimise fuel consumption and even heavy winds delay launches by days. In Moonfall you literally had a) a tidal wave impacting it and not making it fall over and b) it being submerged under water (which they acknowledge) and still managing to achieve thrust and take off

3) At the end when a tree falls on one of the characters and he is trapped and the moon gets close enough to the Earth that gravity is low enough that someone can lift the tree off him. If gravity is that low why doesn't the person lifting the tree float away?.
and there is your problem ...
You seem to think everyone watching a film gives a flying frack about "fuel consumption", "wind delays", "specific angles".
Its called entertainment, you should try it sometime instead of trying to pull apart everything you watch.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote