View Single Post
Old 21-02-2022, 23:28   #5609
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Don't expect realism or the best acting performances.
It's when things just get too silly for me and are just beyond belief and it ruins the film. Just three things off the top of my head in Moonfall:

1) They try launching the rocket and it fails for whatever the reason was and Halle Berry gives her moving speech, tells everyone to evacuate and you see literally everyone leaving. 5 minutes later when they decide they can launch and are going to go it alone all of a sudden there is a crew on the shuttle pad to help them get in and secure the hatches etc.

2) The rocket takes off. We know from many many times in real life that the rocket has to take off at a very specific angle to optimise fuel consumption and even heavy winds delay launches by days. In Moonfall you literally had a) a tidal wave impacting it and not making it fall over and b) it being submerged under water (which they acknowledge) and still managing to achieve thrust and take off

3) At the end when a tree falls on one of the characters and he is trapped and the moon gets close enough to the Earth that gravity is low enough that someone can lift the tree off him. If gravity is that low why doesn't the person lifting the tree float away?

They are just three things which stood out like a sore thumb. I could write a flipping book on Moonfall but they are the kind of things which kills me. I can watch films like the Fast & Furious films and accept them as good fun action films (apart from the last one which also had a stupid space scene in it) but I find stuff like Moonfall painful to watch. It isn't even funny. In contrast, The Day After Tomorrow is a fantastic example of a quality disaster film which tries to put realism and science into the story/script which makes for a more immersive experience. The Core is another good one as well.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote