View Single Post
Old 19-02-2008, 23:51   #132
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal [Updated: See Post No. 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Sure thing, if the moderators have no objections, I think I can find some links from the VM discussion forums....give me a few minutes.

OK, read this first (its a pdf document, scanned with NOD32, safe).

The Chairman and CEO listed in there may have been responsible for this

And this article will seal it. You will notice the company name in there is the one behind Phorm.

Apologies if I have broken forum rules, but I think it makes interesting reading if these articles are true.

EDIT: This article really puts some meat on the bones.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

I think you have grasped the stick firmly in both hands. Is it me, or does this look worse by the minute??
Thanks for the links Toto - very informative. From the last one, it sounds as if this Ertugrut chap ran into problems with the US authorities over the invasive nature of his company's "technology", so he's upped-sticks and moved the operation (allbeit under a new name) to the UK, where the government don't give a flying-one about individuals' privacy (in fact I'm surprised the government haven't contracted his services for their own nefarious purposes - maybe they have...?) The question now is "what can we do to stop this?"