View Single Post
Old 13-06-2021, 13:53   #1279
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

I wish the Remainers would agree with Carth - namely that there should be no impediment to selling UK goods within the UK under our agreement with the EU.

Even if it is careless that Johnson et al thought the EU would implement the agreement in the way I've just mentioned, the Remainers should wish for this rather than go on about following the agreement to the letter while the EU tries to break up the Union.

The Remainers won't admit that this is an unsaid goal of the EU - to punish the UK as best they can. "Oh", I hear the Remainers say, "where is the link to a stated EU goal to that effect?". The realms of the bleedin' obvious need no published statement.

If you need evidence, read today's papers and watch the BBC (yes BBC), reporting that Macron does not consider NI to be part of the UK. What do the Remainers say about that? Paywall link: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...aign=DM1441753

Quote:
Boris Johnson was left infuriated on Saturday when Emmanuel Macron suggested in head-to-head G7 summit talks that Northern Ireland was not part of the UK.

The Prime Minister attempted to explain his frustration with the Northern Ireland Protocol by asking Mr Macron what he would do if sausages from Toulouse could not be moved to Paris, according to a UK government source.

The French president was said to have retorted by arguing that the comparison did not work because Paris and Toulouse were both part of the same country, incorrectly suggesting Northern Ireland is not within the UK.

Mr Johnson expressed bemusement at the remark to aides straight after the meeting and later hinted at the comment when telling Sky News that some leaders needed to get it “into their heads” that the UK was a “single country”.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote