View Single Post
Old 29-04-2021, 17:50   #10385
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, I think you have that about right. I would only comment that Amazon would charge a premium over and above the Prime subscription, so they are certainly in the running if they want to get further into sport, which may not be their bag.

DAZN and Disney + are the most likely contenders I think, and that seems to be your view as well.
The clear evidence from the Premier League trying to get a new contract rolled over from the current contract is that Amazon aren’t interested in anything on that scale.

The current deal gives them some low hanging fruit for peanuts. The pandemic has accelerated Prime uptake significantly. I used to track items 10 stops away that weren’t even in the same town. Now they are a matter of a few hundred yards away.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
  • Sky - can't really see what's in it for them, apart from driving up the price for other buyers... which also has the side-effect of driving up analysts' valuations of Sky Sports.
Driving down the cost of rights would be hugely important as for the next few years they’d be the only game in town in the absence of those deep pocket streamers.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote