View Single Post
Old 29-04-2021, 13:08   #10380
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by carravetta View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if Sky bid for BT Sport, could be too good of an opportunity to pass.

I also would not rule out beIN Sports
My thoughts below, in conclusion Disney or DAZN.
  • Amazon - not a heavy investor in sport as additional rights costs could not be covered by the Prime subscription.
  • BeIN - have reduced their investment in Europe in recent years and becoming more financially prudent. Unlikely.
  • DAZN - have recently signed up Matchroom Boxing in the UK so could be tempted to add BT's range of sports to make a full-scale sports offering. Have partnered with Telecom Italia in Italy so could be tempted to do the same with BT in the UK.
  • Discovery - would make a nice addition to Discovery + and also its Eurosport channels which are more prominent outside the UK. But traditionally financially prudent so unlikely to get into a bidding war.
  • Disney - own 80% of ESPN whose brand is licenced to BT. Would make a great addition to Disney+ and in return, could offer Disney + to BT.
  • Premier Sports - could only afford to invest if in collaboration with a financial investor so bring less to the party. Unlikely.
  • Sky - can't really see what's in it for them, apart from driving up the price for other buyers... which also has the side-effect of driving up analysts' valuations of Sky Sports.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote