View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 23:32   #5384
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
you go to see a film called Kong v Godzilla
everyone seems to be under the impression that I have a problem with monsters and monsters fighting and I don't. I accept that as it is a condition of the universe you are choosing to engage in.

I didn't want to get into it because I know I won't stop but what I do have a problem with is children managing to sneak into a high security base, manage to access a highly secured (and unmonitored) transport system, exit at the other end without any security or oversight, wonder around a base etc etc you get the point. Let talks about some miraculously invented flying (space) ships which can travel hundreds of miles towards the Earth's core and when you get there the team of world class scientists (specifically biologists) don't think to test the atmosphere and just assume they can take their helmets off and can breathe perfectly fine. Shall we mention Nathan Lind and how despite his field of expertise manages to do everything and anything including flying a brand new ship which nobody, including himself, has ever seen before?

As Judge Judy says, if it doesn't make sense it's not true. All these stupid stupid things completely ruin the movie. This isn't an alternate time, dystopian future or anything else. They paint it as present day in as close to out current world as can be so you expect similar rules, behaviours and realism from the characters with the universe. How can you have a highly secretive all powerful megacorp which has operated in secrecy and impunity for years suddenly infiltrated by dimwits? It does my head in and it wouldn't happen.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote