View Single Post
Old 28-03-2021, 14:45   #713
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post

Quote:

Brexit LIVE: British expats 'in tears' as Spain to deport 500 under new rules ‘Dream over'

Spanish police and immigration officials expect to deport around 500 UK citizens within weeks with targets already earmarked to be picked up and sent home for not having the correct paperwork to remain. Authorities have previously turned a blind-eye to Brits not legally registered in Spain but under Brexit rules they have to be out of the country by March 31 when they will be deemed as illegal immigrants as their 90-day legal stay comes to an end.....
snippet
Fellow returning expat Shaun Cromber voted Leave but said he did not believe Brexit would end his Spanish lifestyle.

He said: "Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-boris-johnson
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1375857260862320651

Quote:
the source for the interview with the "leave voter kicked out of spain" called Shaun Cromber is a "news site" called global247news(.)com which was registered in June 2020 to an owner (redacted) in Kidderminster.

Unless someone can actually find Mr. Cromber, I'd suggest a *lot* of people have been had, including a lot of journos.
+
It's a WordPress bloggy site dressed up to look like something genuine.

Because of course it is.

The webmaster is in Benidorm, but the registrant is in Kidderminster.

If it's a Spanish site, why isn't it registered in Spain, and if it's English, why is the webmaster in Benidorm?
all the other papers/media are taking their story from this site - also, it’s run on a free theme (newsup) on Wordpress - not many (if any) legitimate news organisations would be doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm surprised that after five years they would be chucked out. What basis would Spain fail their applications on. Lack of savings? Spanish language test?
https://archive.ph/GTWfA

Quote:
Thousands more face becoming illegal aliens in Spain on Thursday. Many have been living under the radar to avoid paying taxes, Anne Hernández, the president of Brexpats, which advises Britons in Spain on how to navigate the bureaucracy Brexit has created, said.
“Now it’s suddenly, ‘Oh, what am I going to do? I may become an illegal immigrant,’ ” she said. “The scariest thing is they think they’re going to do them for taxes. It’s come back to bite them.”

Others have simply been stumped by the bureaucracy. Spain chose the simpler form of withdrawal agreement, the declaratory system, which in theory reduced the bureaucratic load compared with other EU countries. But paperwork that is needed includes a copy of every page of a passport, a work contract, private health insurance and title deeds or a rental contract.

Britons also have to sit a driving test in Spanish if they did not swap their licence last year. That has been compounded by inconsistencies in the interpretation of the rules. “We have 17 autonomous regions in Spain and each one can interpret the rules differently,” Hernández said. “When you’re dealing with British who might not speak the language, they might be elderly, they get very confused and walk away totally upset thinking, ‘that’s it I’ve got to leave Spain’.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 28-03-2021 at 14:52.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote