View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 00:31   #12
Emel
Inactive

Services: Tivo, Vplus, TVXL, Sky Sports, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Emel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Already posted by Media Boy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19070877

I have just reposted it here to note that over the past week Sky have moved quickly to get some good sports rights. In what will be a more competitive sports market they are not resting on thir laurels. BT have supposedly got a big budget for sports rights but if they are slow off the mark it will be interesting to see what is still available.

Premier Sports are upping their price because of increasing sports rights and broadcasting costs so perhaps they have sports in mind.

If BT ends up as a standalone channel rather than in the XL pack sports viewing could become rather expensive. I would be surprised (and impressed) if Virgin could afford to have both ESPN and BT in the XL pack. I am sure BT will have a good value sports offering so the competition will be hotting up.
Emel is offline   Reply With Quote