View Single Post
Old 24-02-2008, 14:59   #12
UncleBooBoo

Re: Tesco voip-anyone used it..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losttheplot View Post
Skypein gives you a phone number. Amateurs?
Not one to suite your area code regardless of what part of the country your in!

I belive it's only 02 numbers, not much use to some if your looking to replace your home phone landline now is it! Also skype can pull your number at any time and bin it!! They did that to thousands of users just a couple of months ago!!!

Quote:
I've used Skype abroad and its brilliant for phoning home, I've had three and four way conference calls with family on phones or on their own Skype handsets.
Amateurs!! <removed>.
Like i said it's ok for people who want to make calls! Or those who want to get to know how it all works!! How does that make me a removed.

Also i thought it was against forum rules to insult other members?removed.

Quote:
However from home we use Vonage. Free landline calls in the UK and something like 10 other countries. We call Greece once a month maybe for an hour, girlfriend phones her parents virtually every night for an hour, all for £7.99 a month.
Vonage are a voip/sip based company although they restrict there service to their own hardware only. This has a negative effect for a lot of users as your limited to using settings & codecs not to mention your connection goes all the way round the planet and then back just to make a local call!

That can effect things and often does, check out the vonage forum for proof on that.