View Single Post
Old 21-06-2021, 12:00   #6
Mike66
cf.member

Mike66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Can't connect to network

Hi spiderplant, Thanks for the reply. Sorry it's taken a while - I was expecting an email notification to tell me I had an update - I guess I still need to configure my profile fully.

I disconnected the ethernet cable and still get eh same error. Just for fun I took the card out, as I've read they are no longer needed, and still the same error 7013.

The full story is that I had some problems with the box (500MB old style tivo). 1) it was randomly rebooting. 2) pixelated playback. I called, they ran tests and decided the box needed replacing. New box was sent and it is this I am having the problems with. I did the like for like swap of all cables, plus card and then got the error 7013.

If I reconnect the old box (which interestingly seems to have recovered after they ran the remote tests) then all is fine.

I've tried it with a different cable (though unlikely) - still 7013. I left the cable out just to see where it fell over and that failed trying to get an IP address (with the ethernet cable in at the time) so I'm pretty sure the new box it connecting to VM servers to a certain degree. I have all sorts of theories, but would have expected more from Virgin. They seem script driven with limited options.

If you have any further ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks very much
Mike66 is offline   Reply With Quote