View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 11:23   #1
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one
Can't connect to network

I recently downgraded my package and removed multi room, I had two boxes a 500GB and a 1TB. I sent the 500Gb back as agreed on the phone but Virgin ended up deactivating the 1TB box instead.

I called faults on Monday night and they had a look at the issue and found that the box was deactivated but told me they could not do anything and I would have to phone CS in the morning to get it activated. all channels were coming through, even ones that I was no longer subscribed to, but I was getting no EPG data and an error message that said Network unavailable (C130).

Phoned CS on Tuesday morning and they said yes we can see a a problem we will send a signal down and should be resolved in an hour. I came home from work to find the box still in the same state so I called CS again, the first person troubleshooted for about 30 minutes then went to speak to faults and left me on hold for 10 minutes and then cut me off.

Phoned a second time pretty much the same as above only shorter.

Called a 3rd time and explained everything again and this person said they will not hang up until they can hear me speak with someone in faults. The faults person seem really clueless, the guys in CS seemed far more clued up. Th end result of that conversation was a engineer.

Had a engineer here today, couldn't see anything wrong with the cabling, so called CS and they said oh yes the account is not authorised for that box, but also said it doesn't need a card and should have a virtual card. So he took the card out restarted the box and things improved slightly. The C130 message was gone and teh box would now connect to the network but still couldn't load any EPG data.

So the engineer swapped the box out and this one goes all the way through the checklist until it gets to configuring network and then fails with the error: Connection error (7013).

He had no more boxes, to try, more calls to CS and they say all the hits to the box are fine and going through, he restarted the box again and said he had other jobs that he needed to get to and would be back later with another box as he had no more 1TB boxes in his van.

My guy feeling is it isn't the box and more an account, although the engineer said it is not unknown for the refurb boxes to be faulty either.

Anyone here work for Virgin that might be able to assist or advise if they have seen this before?
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote