View Single Post
Old 27-03-2007, 12:35   #62
scipio
Inactive

scipio is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I had to call them a couple of months ago due to the cable modem having problems with its upstream. The first time I got some Indian guy, who despite doing his best for us, it was a struggle to get the problem resolved, but he did eventually manage to sort it albeit temporarily.

The second time we got someone from Liverpool and it resulted in an engineer being sent out to replace the box, which is probably what should have happened the first time.

Now, I have nothing against the service provided by the Indian fellow, he followed whatever script he had been given and did his best. He was as technically able as I could expect anyone to be should I have to contact them about a problem. My only concern is that communication was a bit of an issue with the guy and it made the experience quite frustrating for both of us (I expect he was as frustrated with it as I was).

That in mind I have gone for the middle ground and voted that any time I have had to call VM it has been OK. This is because they should be UK staffed and not outsourced to India as:

1. It can be hard to understand them
2. It can be hard for them to understand us
3. It can be even more complicated to communicate when regarding a technical problem.
4. I do not support a policy of sending jobs overseas, train a bunch of neds to do the job properly and make them earn their cigarettes and alcohol instead, and hopefully give them the opportunity to instill a bit of pride in themselves which could make the country a slightly better place.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote