View Single Post
Old 19-07-2021, 13:56   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Ridiculous mobile scenario - I'm fuming.

This isn't to dispute anything you've posted based on what you've been told, but I'm not sure what has happened there.

Since Virgin Mobile moved to the new purple SIMs, there should never normally be a reason that a new phone requires a new physical SIM card - unless the device needs a bigger SIM size than the one you're currently using. This rarely is the case in 2021.

Based on what you've said it seems your existing SIM moved from the EE radio network to the Vodafone radio network ahead of your new device arriving and your new airtime plan starting. However that shouldn't have deactivated the SIM in your existing device.

With it saying 'R' it seems that it is working, but in a way that your current device doesn't like. Specfically your current device seem to be treating the SIM as if on a roaming network, which could also explain why data doesn't work as that's usually switched off for roaming by default.

What is your current device? How old is it?

If your upgrade has been cancelled then you will be back on your existing contract term. Any new term based on the new airtime plan and device will not apply.

Last edited by BenMcr; 19-07-2021 at 14:02.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote