View Single Post
Old 20-02-2021, 17:09   #81
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Uber licence revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I'm not aware of the specifics of this case but on some level it's actually a positive that we are outside the EU if we want to take on these "big tech innovators" whose only innovation is to erode employment rights and avoid taxes.

A case like this would almost certainly end up in the European courts tied to cases across Europe and have competing interests making representations.

Now we get to tell them we're Great Britain and to naff off if they want to exploit workers, shift profits to other countries and put British businesses to the sword under the guise of competition.
I am 100% behind taxing big tech, they need to be paying the right tax on any revenue gleamed from the U.K. and I agree that hopefully being o/s the EU may give us some tools to do that.