Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2019, 17:16   #2637
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I believe it is a viable solution. For some reason, non-Brexiteers don't want to use it.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

A reporter's fantasy.

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:13 ----------

That's different from being neutral.

I used to think The Independent newspaper was neutral. How daft was I?
Can you explain why the EU will agree to it? It's a threat to Single Market integrity to enter into such an arrangement.

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I don’t think anyone wants no deal, but crucially you have to prepared to expect it and accept it if necessary. This will happen on 31/10 if we do not ask for an extension or if the EU don’t grant one. Parliament can object all they want they are powerless to stop it in those scenarios. Yes and No, May could have taken us out with no deal but chose not to. Don’t know what the new PM would do.
It's a long time between now and October. Parliament has plenty of time.