Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2019, 17:14   #2636
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Someone who wants no deal will get the support of the ERG and DUP, but crucially not remainers in Parliament. The situation is exactly the same for a new PM as it was for TM.

Article 24 requires the agreement of the EU. Even Liam Fox says it’s not a viable solution. If it was viable Theresa May would have delivered it and still been PM. It’s the ultimate kick of the can.
I believe it is a viable solution. For some reason, non-Brexiteers don't want to use it.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
If Old Boy knows something they don't know, then I suggest he shares this with Liam Fox, the Full Facts team, et al so they can take his informed analysis into account.

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

I see that Matthew Parris in The Times is suggesting "Boris Johnson is enough of a rascal to rat on Brexit"
"The frontrunner for No 10 might be the only candidate who’d get away with ripping up Article 50 and starting again"

It's behind a paywall but it's an interesting theory.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/c...exit-m86qc2ksm
A reporter's fantasy.

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am talking about the independent organisation Full Facts which states the true facts that they are independent of political interference.
That's different from being neutral.

I used to think The Independent newspaper was neutral. How daft was I?