Thread: General Channels switched to MPEG4
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2019, 10:35   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Channels switched to MPEG4

Although these have tended to be posted in other discussions, like Coming Soon, given most of these switches of channels from MPEG2 to MPEG4 are just the same content delivered differently I am going to post any I find, here instead.

There's still plenty to be switched over, so this thread should be active for a wee while yet.

Mostly people won't notice any difference when channels are switched, unless the channels in question are moved about which has the unfortunate side effect of unFavouriting them from a user's Favourite Channels list (if you use it)

I'm not going to retroactively list any that have switched prior to this post.

--------------------

---------- Post added at 09:16 ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 ----------

First up. The main BBC Red Button (on VM TV guide at 991), which I, briefly, thought has switched yesterday, until I checked on my box in the afternoon, has now switched over to MPEG4. It is showing as such on my V6 box now.

There doesn't seem to be any other changes overnight.

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

------------

I see Media Boy has compiled two lists on his blog/website on the MPEG4 switches.

Channels still to move over - here
Channels moved to MPEG4 previously - here

Last edited by cheekyangus; 16-04-2019 at 10:41.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote