View Single Post
Old 25-01-2023, 14:10   #7
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: AM Radio fading into history

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
I did say originally. 1215 was first used as “infill” for the light programme, as the long wave frequency used for most of the country was very poor in places like London. When Radio 1 launched more transmitters were added, but large parts of the country still remained poorly served due to the interference restrictions of just using one frequency. European frequency replanning in 1978 gave the BBC the chance to give Radio 1 more prominence & they were given the 1089 & 1053 frequencies previously occupied by the World Service & Radio 4 respectively. 1215 was then given to Radio 3, vacating 648 KHz for World Service use. Radios 2 & 4 swapped the remaining frequencies, the former occupying 909 & 693, the latter moving to long wave.

The BBC gave up use of 1215 for the launch of Virgin Radio in 1993.
Due to being a 1981 baby I did not know that - thanks for info.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote