View Single Post
Old 30-04-2018, 13:19   #5276
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon View Post
Not going into too many details here, but just to warn you that I might be disappearing suddenly from CF. I'm currently on the losing side of a battle with mental illness and it might lead to me being sectioned. I stress might.
First of let me congratulate you on speaking up about your mental health issues all too many hide their illness, I suspect because of social stigma and this needs to change.

To be able to talk about your experience on your mental health is something that you should feel proud about, never embarrassed or fearful of what others may think or say.

The way I see it if your suffer from any other medical condition and seek medical help people tend to wish you well, why should mental health be any different?

Why shouldn't someone who suffers from mental health not talk about it, after all were not ashamed when our bodies get sick, so why should we be ashamed when our minds aren’t in top form?

With any illness Mark recovery is a series of steps and the first step is forward

Quote:
If mental illness could be seen on a sufferer maybe society wouldn't say "just get over it."

Last edited by weenie; 30-04-2018 at 13:24.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote