View Single Post
Old 30-06-2018, 11:08   #3348
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

It was right of me to ask what you would do, Andrew, given your constant criticism of the Government's approach.

By the way, i did miss out a word when I wrote 'we assume'. I meant to write 'we can assume'.

Yes, we've heard a lot about how the EU 'must stick to the rules'. However, when the rules are preventing you from achieving what you want, you can always change them! Or perhaps, a more practical approach would be to 'interpret' them.
You did not ask me how I would negotiate, you described how I would do so incompetently. There have only been four hours of negotiations this year between David Davis and his opposite number. I suggest that if you or I did one day of negotiating, we would have doubled his output. A quick win.
The main failure by the Government has not been to decide its position before invoking Article 50. That puts it at a disadvantage timewise.