View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 02:50   #6359
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phormic Acid View Post
That’s certainly not the case yet in Germany. There, it won’t come into effect until 2009. Each member state is different. There’s no requirement yet in Sweden, the home of Relakks, either. Also, does this EU directive apply to private individuals, when not engaged in a commercial activity? Even after the start of 2009, would the Chaos Computer Club’s Tor node be required to retain logs for twelve months? Is the directive going to catch every user of Skype with a non-NAT IP address, anonymous P2P client or game server within the EU?
Yes I was reading something last week about how these services are regarded as ISP services under the directive. In fact iirc don't even Relakk's state on their website that they are basically seen as an ISP? And the directive is EU wide so all EU countries will have to ratify it. Of course in the UK we are ahead of the game on this issue.

As far as I am aware Skype are already required to retain data and lets not forget the famous ruling by the FCC that Skype have to provide a federal backdoor for any communications which jump from SIPS to PSTN, a backdoor which has existed in Skype for about 3-4 years now if memory serves me correctly.

Alexander Hanff