View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 23:15   #6347
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Oscar View Post
I posted about this back on page 408, but it got swallowed up in the 'heat of battle' .. I don't know anybody had a chance to have a look ... it might be useful as an anti-phorm measure!

any thoughts folks?
I dunno really Wild Oscar; why should we trust them?

Incidentally, in that 'heated battle' did you notice that the principle of Oblonsky's suggestion was a bit of 80/20 thinking?

Apparently, the 80/20 principle – the fact that 80% of results flow from 20% of causes – is the "one true principle of highly effective people and organisations. The principle shows how you can achieve much more with much less effort, time and resources, simply by concentrating on that all-important 20%.

It is suggested that if we can latch on to the few powerful forces within and around us, we can leverage our efforts to multiply effectiveness. Most of what we do has trivial results. A little of what we do really matters. So if we focus on the latter, we can control events instead of being controlled by them, and achieve several times the results".

Perhaps that is what Oblonsky was getting at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
I have been working on some stuff over the past couple of days which I can't disclose as of yet but hopefully early next week I should have some pretty big news from a publicity standpoint.
Alexander Hanff
Intriguing.