View Single Post
Old 25-09-2020, 17:21   #127
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
You answered what I meant by b) in the 2nd half of your response to a), i.e. any video content people associate with being on Red Button like sport is being integrated into iPlayer.

What I meant by a) isn't the Text Services that are closing, I'm talking about the "bridge" itself that loads when you press red that allows you to launch the TV News and Sport apps, restart the current programme or highlights specific events and programmes. I expect this to continue when the TV News and Sports apps close and simply be redesigned to point to News and Sport video content within iPlayer. The BBC already said News and Sport (not just live) video content would be rehoused within iPlayer. So I'm asking if the "bridge" works on TV360. If Live Restart is working it sounds like it is.
1. There is no red button service on the 360 with the exception of the sports channels as far as I can tell (i.e. no press red icon on screen on BBC, Sky channels, etc). Pressing red on any channel other than on SKy Sports or BT Sport does nothing (at present).

2. There is no press blue to go to HD - it's not required as the SD variants have been removed for most channels (e.g. E4HD is on 106, no Sky1 SD, no Sky Witness SD etc.). Channel 4 SD is still on 104 though (other than in areas where it's already been swapped).

3. There is no press yellow to go to +1 (you can, however, order channels any way you like - you don't need to stick with the default EPG order)

4. Apps (Netflix etc.) are available via the Apps menu or by going to channel 205 etc. as on the V6. Netfix, Amazon and You Tube auto load from the channel (no need to press red as already noted earlier).

5. BBC red button is on channel 991 as on the V6.

Last edited by paul0363; 25-09-2020 at 17:34.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote