View Single Post
Old 15-09-2020, 09:51   #9972
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m not “arguing the toss” as you put it, I’m simply curious as to what you think changes between now and then? Consumer (and business) behaviour is driven by rational choices to generally drive up income (or profits) and down costs. Investments have to be weighed against all alternative uses - in the case of Amazon that could be engaging in almost any activity, anywhere in the world.

You seem to be rolling back your predictions for streaming fundamentalism on a regular basis now, and I do genuinely welcome that, I guess I’m just perplexed why you feel so strongly about the subject in the first place.
Not at all, that's what you have convinced yourself is the case.

Not only have I clarified from quite a long way back that I have no 'inside knowledge', I have been consistent in my views about which way I believe this is going. I have never waivered over 2035 - I still believe that by then the streamers will have taken over and most, if not all of the existing traditional TV channels will have disappeared. I still think that the streamers will take an interest in the next round of Premiership bidding. There is no inconsistency or backtracking. You just enjoy picking over the bones to try to derail the argument rather than having a sensible debate about it.

Yes, maybe I have miscalculated. Yes, I could be wrong. But so could you. I am at least prepared to acknowledge that. However, I am not yet shaken from my view that it will happen as I have outlined.

No need to get in a state about it. After all, it's just TV!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote