View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 18:11   #9968
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Yes, some of them. Some of them prefer to keep their money in their wallet and watch MOTD/Sportscene and listen on the radio.

The more providers the more expensive it is for those of the "must have access to everything" mindset. The other two aren't going to lower their prices to keep the overall cost the same just because a third provider comes to the market.
Indeed they do, and they will probably not alter their position on that, either.

If Amazon bought out the Sky or BT share, there would still be only two main providers.

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

Or any evidence that they can, or will!
Indeed, there is no absolute evidence either way. That's why your constant aggressive denials that it will ever happen is so inappropriate. To infer that companies like Amazon could not do this to suit their own objectives is frankly laughable.

I am not saying it WILL happen, because I don't have that information. I am saying that I believe it may well happen, based on the trends and media information that is out there. The cost of doing so is not a problem for Amazon or the other big global players.

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You said that for the last round and it came to nothing despite the total value falling.
Read the posts again. I said I thought it could be either the last round or the 2022 round. Twisting it, as usual.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote