View Single Post
Old 17-04-2019, 09:58   #22
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Notre-Dame cathedral: Firefighters tackle blaze in Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Interesting perspective from Janet Street-Porter.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/16/janet...verty-9222172/

Janet added: ‘But on the other hand, the fire that really shocked me was Grenfell Tower, so let’s not detract from that because that was truly horrible because of all the people inside. ‘So yeah, I was sad to see it [Notre-Dame] burn down but I don’t want to necessarily see it rebuilt.’ Host Andrea noted that Janet ‘touched on a really good point’ and spoke about the worldwide fundraising campaign that’s been set up, announcing that two of France’s richest men have donated €300 million towards the cause. ‘I think you’re right Janet, it does make you think – people are coming together to rebuild an iconic building but there are some incredibly worthy causes out there that people don’t rush to throw hundreds of millions of euros at,’ she agreed.
Meh.

I think helping to maintain an important historical landmark for future generations is a very worthy cause. Don't really see the need for the comparison with Grenfell either, they're two different tragedies.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote