View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 13:14   #55
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: UPDATED: Julian Assange: Wikileaks Founder Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Wikileaks is now very little more than a conduit for Russian Psy-Ops against Europe and the USA - it may have begun with good intentions, now it’s just Putin’s tool.
Personally, I think that when it started, Wikileaks was a good thing for society. It shone a light on some of the more nefarious activities undertaken by all governments, seemingly without any agenda beyond holding those in power to account.

I think it's a long way from that now. Wikileaks seems to have become a tool for Julian Assange to make a name for himself, to become famous. I think that various intelligence services have, whether he is aware or not, taken advantage of that, and used him (and therefore Wikileaks) to leak intelligence with the aim of causing massive disruption.

Do I believe the rape accusations? I don't know. I believe the man is a narcissist, and is in this for his own ends, rather than the good of society, but none of that indicates being a potential rapist.

The news reports I have seen appear to contain conclusive evidence, a statement which I would say is backed up by the fact he ran and stayed in another embassy for 7 years rather than face court.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote